Banlung Travel Guide
Banlung Vacation Rentals
Banlung Vacation Rentals – Book and save your vacation rentals in Banlung. Find perfect Banlung holiday rentals on VACstay, We offer a huge selection of all short term properties rental – top Banlung holiday homes for rental, rent vacation beach houses, luxury villa rentals, stylish private condos, serviced apartments, studios, homestay, boutique resort, budget hotel, guest house, transient room, cabins, B&Bs, cottages and more. Settle into your vacation paradise on Banlung, enjoy a Banlung rental for fun filled vacation. Search our selection of Banlung vacation rentals and upgrade your trip to extraordinary. Find your perfect vacation rental when you book with VACstay!
Banlung Travel Guide
Banlung, although a small town, is the capital of Ratanakiri Province in Eastern Cambodia.
This part of the country is heavily forested, giving way to plantation agriculture (rubber, cashews, and oil palms) and home to 12 different ethnic minority groups, giving the province a sort of “edge of civilization” feel to it. The town is growing though, new roads are being built, and some things change quite quickly.
Banlung is near several spectacular natural attractions, including waterfalls, lakes, natural parks and hill tribe villages.
- Mining Tour. As evident from the number of gem dealers in town, Ratanakiri Province is a significant gem mining area. Miners work in the Bokeo mines about 36 km from the town extracting the gems which sometimes are sold in Banlung’s market. For more tour information, ask your guesthouse.
- Rubber Plantations. There are a few large rubber plantations on the way to the waterfalls.
- Virachey National Park (37 km northeast of town and borders Laos and Vietnam). It’s chock full of jungle and mountains, and hasn’t been completely explored yet. Not all areas of the park are accessible in the wet season. The Ministry of Environment (Biodiversity and Protected Areas Management Project) offers jungle treks into the park, guided by a park ranger and community guide. Their office is located near Banlung centre.
- Wat Rahtanharahm (About 1 km out of town at the base of Eisey Patamak Mountain). There is a large reclining Buddha with a spectacular view of the surrounding countryside located past the wat and about half a kilometre up the hill.
- Waterfalls. There are several local waterfalls, and they are best seen during the rainy season when the water volume is at its highest and the vegetation is lush and green. Cha Ong is the most visited waterfall in the area, and is 18 m high. The rock area behind the waterfall has been eroded away over the centuries by the waterfall, thus allowing you to walk behind the fall. Kan Chang is another fall, which is approximately 7 m in height and empties into a large pool in which it is possible to swim. Ka Tieng is a third waterfall, 10 m tall, in the jungle which also allows swimming. Further out from town are Ou’Sean Lair Waterfall (about 26 km SE) with 4 tiers, Ou’Sensranoh Waterfall (about 9 km SE and 18 m high), Veal Rum Plan stone field (about 14 km N) and another crater lake (about 35 km SE). Each of these charge a 2,000 riel entry fee in addition to whatever you shell out to get there in the first place.
- Yeak Laom Volcanic Lake. A 700,000 year old volcanic crater lake in the Yeak Laom (Yaklom) Commune Protected Area. The lake itself, as well as the surrounding areas, are considered sacred by the local tribal minorities, and many a legend abound about this lake. There are docks on the lake, and swimming and picnicking are options here. There is also a hiking trail which winds around the lake. Along the trail there is a visitors centre displaying some objects and folklore of the local hill tribes. 4,000 riel (USD1).
Banlung Vacation Rentals : Holiday Lettings in Banlung
Banlung vacation rentals make visiting Banlung more fun. You can enjoy all the comforts of home while visiting Banlung. Choose a luxury villa, vacation condo, or home rental by staying in fully furnished vacation rentals. There are exciting destinations for the whole family to enjoy everywhere you go in Banlung, from the top down and make it your home away from home. Who knows, you must say “Vacation in Banlung” that it remains one of your best trips so far! Find your perfect rental property with VACstay, choose the best deal for your stay.
Find unique places to stay with local hosts in Banlung : Banlung Vacation Rentals by Owners
Wisely choosing vacation rentals are a great and probably the best way of saving money and enjoying your vacations with a limited budget. You will still be able to feel a touch of luxury to your vacation! So just sit back, relax and enjoy your next vacation with VACstay! Top things you may have to known about vacation rentals are vacation rentals come in all price ranges and vacation rental homes are cheaper than hotel rooms, vacation rentals come in all shapes and sizes, vacation rentals have plenty of amenities, vacation rentals are a safe and reliable alternative to hotels, vacation rental homes have more privacy than hotel rooms, vacation rentals offer great service – many rental property owners pride themselves on the quick and friendly customer service they offer each guest, most rental owners ensure that the rental is cleaned out prior to each new guest and many offer daily maid services as well to ensure that the rental is as clean, vacation rental homes are vacation rental homes are perfect for families and friends alike, kid friendly and pet friendly. Keep these facts in mind next time you plan a vacation and be sure to check out the assortment of Banlung vacation rentals at VACstay, good availability and great rates.
Cambodia Vacation Rentals
Search More Banlung Holiday Lettings
Find cheap or luxury self catering accommodation – Thousands of Vacation Rentals, furnished holiday lettings worldwide. Rent holiday homes direct from owners. Self catering villas, beach houses, condominiums, cottages, apartments, bungalow cabins, B&B and other holiday homes in 150+ countries on top destinations like UK, Spain, France, Portugal, Greece, Italy, Turkey, USA, Hong Kong, Thailand, Banlung, Macau, India, China, Malaysia, Japan & more. With VACstay, you can experience for the first time the ability to truly distinguish between what is out there in the vast world of holiday lettings.