Battambang Travel Guide
Battambang Vacation Rentals
Battambang Vacation Rentals – Book and save your vacation rentals in Battambang. Find perfect Battambang holiday rentals on VACstay, We offer a huge selection of all short term properties rental – top Battambang holiday homes for rental, rent vacation beach houses, luxury villa rentals, stylish private condos, serviced apartments, studios, homestay, boutique resort, budget hotel, guest house, transient room, cabins, B&Bs, cottages and more. Settle into your vacation paradise on Battambang, enjoy a Battambang rental for fun filled vacation. Search our selection of Battambang vacation rentals and upgrade your trip to extraordinary. Find your perfect vacation rental when you book with VACstay!
Battambang Travel Guide
Battambang is Cambodia‘s second most populous city, and a popular tourist destination due to the many nearby ancient temples, Buddhist shrines and the infamous bamboo railway. It is also the capital of Battambang Province.
Despite being Cambodia’s second largest city, Battambang is often overlooked by those on the tourist trail who opt for the more popular Siem Reap and Phnom Penh. More quiet and less visited, however, Battambang has a less commercialized feel and provides an opportunity to see a slightly less Westernized Cambodian city. Remnants of French colonial architecture can still be spotted around the city, particularly north of the middle of the three main bridges, and there are food and lodging options that will cater to most budgets/tastes.
- Phnom Sampeu. A hill with the killing caves of the Khmer Rouge, a few others caves adorned with Buddhist statues, and a monastery with two Buddhist stupas on the hilltop. The admission charge also includes Wat Banan. It takes about 1 hr to climb the circuit to the monastery on top, with a short-cut leading back down to the shops and restaurants which line the approach road. USD3.
- Statues. Battambang is known for its statues, which seemingly decorate every public place. Most are of animals (mythical and real) and divinities. The most famous of these statues is on the main road in from Phnom Penh and is of an ancient Khmer King holding a stick which he used to quell rebellions in the Battambang area. The name of the town and province derives from this legend.
- Wat Banan. The so-called mini-Angkor Wat, an impressive flight of stairs lead up to a dilapidated Angkor-style temple which is still in use as a Buddhist shrine.
Wat Baydamram. A temple where hundreds of fruit bats live in trees under the protection of the Buddhist monks.
- Wat Ek Phnom (About 15 km northwest of Battambang). Angkor-type temple ruin. The road runs along lovely small rivers flanked by trees and small villages making it a generally nice area. Approaching Wat Ek Phnom, you suddenly encounter a giant Buddha statue in the wat, which is certainly picture-worthy. The grounds of the wat also have an Angkorian-era temple which is in relatively good shape and with some interesting carvings.
- Wat Samraong Knong. Roughly translates as “wat in the forest”. An extremely old pagoda on the east side of the Sangker River. The eerie old wat was used as a Khmer Rouge prison, and there were many executions on the premises. A new pagoda is now being built, and there is a memorial to the victims of the Khmer Rouge regime, with graphic illustrations, just to the north.
Battambang Vacation Rentals : Holiday Lettings in Battambang
Battambang vacation rentals make visiting Battambang more fun. You can enjoy all the comforts of home while visiting Battambang. Choose a luxury villa, vacation condo, or home rental by staying in fully furnished vacation rentals. There are exciting destinations for the whole family to enjoy everywhere you go in Battambang, from the top down and make it your home away from home. Who knows, you must say “Vacation in Battambang” that it remains one of your best trips so far! Find your perfect rental property with VACstay, choose the best deal for your stay.
Find unique places to stay with local hosts in Battambang : Battambang Vacation Rentals by Owners
Wisely choosing vacation rentals are a great and probably the best way of saving money and enjoying your vacations with a limited budget. You will still be able to feel a touch of luxury to your vacation! So just sit back, relax and enjoy your next vacation with VACstay! Top things you may have to known about vacation rentals are vacation rentals come in all price ranges and vacation rental homes are cheaper than hotel rooms, vacation rentals come in all shapes and sizes, vacation rentals have plenty of amenities, vacation rentals are a safe and reliable alternative to hotels, vacation rental homes have more privacy than hotel rooms, vacation rentals offer great service – many rental property owners pride themselves on the quick and friendly customer service they offer each guest, most rental owners ensure that the rental is cleaned out prior to each new guest and many offer daily maid services as well to ensure that the rental is as clean, vacation rental homes are vacation rental homes are perfect for families and friends alike, kid friendly and pet friendly. Keep these facts in mind next time you plan a vacation and be sure to check out the assortment of Battambang vacation rentals at VACstay, good availability and great rates.
Cambodia Vacation Rentals
Search More Battambang Holiday Lettings
Find cheap or luxury self catering accommodation – Thousands of Vacation Rentals, furnished holiday lettings worldwide. Rent holiday homes direct from owners. Self catering villas, beach houses, condominiums, cottages, apartments, bungalow cabins, B&B and other holiday homes in 150+ countries on top destinations like UK, Spain, France, Portugal, Greece, Italy, Turkey, USA, Hong Kong, Thailand, Battambang, Macau, India, China, Malaysia, Japan & more. With VACstay, you can experience for the first time the ability to truly distinguish between what is out there in the vast world of holiday lettings.