Chiba Travel Guide
Chiba Vacation Rentals
Chiba Vacation Rentals – Book and save your vacation rentals in Chiba. Find perfect Chiba holiday rentals on VACstay, We offer a huge selection of all short term properties rental – top Chiba holiday homes for rental, rent vacation beach houses, luxury villa rentals, stylish private condos, serviced apartments, studios, homestay, boutique resort, budget hotel, guest house, transient room, cabins, B&Bs, cottages and more. Settle into your vacation paradise on Chiba, enjoy a Chiba rental for fun filled vacation. Search our selection of Chiba vacation rentals and upgrade your trip to extraordinary. Find your perfect vacation rental when you book with VACstay!
Chiba Travel Guide
Chiba Prefecture is located directly east of Tokyo, and bordered by Ibaraki Prefecture to the north. A large part of the prefecture is made up of the Boso Peninsula, which shields Tokyo bay from the Pacific Ocean.
Much of the western/northwestern part of Chiba is relatively uninspired urbanity and bedtowns for Tokyo, but once you get past the city and watch the sharp descent into rural countryside of sprawling rice fields, rolling hills, and striking coastlines, you will realize why Chiba has been variously called “Edo’s Breadbasket”, “Japan‘s Golf Mecca”, and “Tokyo‘s Secret Backyard”. The image character of Chiba is “Chi-ba kun” which is the Chiba prefecture shaped dog.
The area is relatively poorly known, even among Japanese people, but is nonetheless a great place to get away from Tokyo and explore a Japan a bit off the beaten track.
Chiba is famous for the Chiba Urban Monorail, the longest suspended monorail in the world. Some popular destinations in the city include: Kasori Shell Midden, the largest shellmound in the world at 134,000 m2 (160,000 sq yd), Inage Beach, the first artificial beach in the nation which forms part of the longest artificial beach in Japan, and the Chiba City Zoological Park, popular on account of the standing red panda Futa.
Cities in Chiba Prefecture
- Chiba – eponymous capital of the prefecture, which doesn’t bear much resemblance to William Gibson’s depictions but has a few points of interest.
- Ichikawa – a small city immediately across the Edo River from Tokyo.
- Ichinomiya – small seaside town that is famous for surfing.
- Kashiwa – suburban shopping haven.
- Katori – home of famous Katori-Jinju Shrine, the historic streets of Sawara, and the bi-annual Sawara Matsuri festival.
- Katsuura – old fishing town on the southwestern pacific Boso (“Sotobo”) coast. Famous for its Katsuura Hinamatsuri Doll Festival and katsuo tuna catch.
- Kisarazu – largest city on the interior Boso (“Uchibo”) coast, and connected by the Tokyo Bay Aqualine bridge-tunnel to Kawasaki in Kanagawa.
- Matsudo – city in northwestern Chiba, bordering Edo River and Tokyo. Residence of the Tokugawa Akitake, the beloved brother of Japan’s last shogun.
- Minamiboso – a city at the tip of the Boso peninsula, its combination of mountains and beaches are now popular for their cafes, surfing, flower fields, and ‘hands-on’ tourism.
- Narita – a small city rich in historical treasures that is often overshadowed by its huge airport. Home to Narita-san Shinshouji Temple and Boso-no-Mura.
- Naruto – small town on the Pacific coast famous for strawberries and surfing.
- Onjuku – small town bordering Katsuura on the southwest Boso (“Sotobo”) coast.
- Tsudanuma – a residential area in Western Chiba, largely by virtue of being a commuter suburb of Tokyo.
- Yachimata – small city next to Chiba City that is famous for its production of peanuts.
Best time to visit Chiba
Peak travel periods are during Japan’s Golden Week (late Apr/early May) & Jun–Oct. The climate is mild in winter (Dec–Feb) and hot and humid in summer (Jun–Aug). Key events include the Narita Gion Matsuri (Jul), a venerable summer festival with elaborate street processions and music performances.
Chiba Vacation Rentals : Holiday Lettings in Chiba
Chiba vacation rentals make visiting Chiba more fun. You can enjoy all the comforts of home while visiting Chiba. Choose a luxury villa, vacation condo, or home rental by staying in fully furnished vacation rentals. There are exciting destinations for the whole family to enjoy everywhere you go in Chiba, from the top down and make it your home away from home. Who knows, you must say “Vacation in Chiba” that it remains one of your best trips so far! Find your perfect rental property with VACstay, choose the best deal for your stay.
Find unique places to stay with local hosts in Chiba : Chiba Vacation Rentals by Owners
Wisely choosing vacation rentals are a great and probably the best way of saving money and enjoying your vacations with a limited budget. You will still be able to feel a touch of luxury to your vacation! So just sit back, relax and enjoy your next vacation with VACstay! Top things you may have to known about vacation rentals are vacation rentals come in all price ranges and vacation rental homes are cheaper than hotel rooms, vacation rentals come in all shapes and sizes, vacation rentals have plenty of amenities, vacation rentals are a safe and reliable alternative to hotels, vacation rental homes have more privacy than hotel rooms, vacation rentals offer great service – many rental property owners pride themselves on the quick and friendly customer service they offer each guest, most rental owners ensure that the rental is cleaned out prior to each new guest and many offer daily maid services as well to ensure that the rental is as clean, vacation rental homes are vacation rental homes are perfect for families and friends alike, kid friendly and pet friendly. Keep these facts in mind next time you plan a vacation and be sure to check out the assortment of Chiba vacation rentals at VACstay, good availability and great rates.
Japan Vacation Rentals
Search More Chiba Holiday Lettings
Find cheap or luxury self catering accommodation – Thousands of Vacation Rentals, furnished holiday lettings worldwide. Rent holiday homes direct from owners. Self catering villas, beach houses, condominiums, cottages, apartments, bungalow cabins, B&B and other holiday homes in 150+ countries on top destinations like UK, Spain, France, Portugal, Greece, Italy, Turkey, USA, Hong Kong, Thailand, Singapore, Macau, India, China, Malaysia, Japan & more. With VACstay, you can experience for the first time the ability to truly distinguish between what is out there in the vast world of holiday lettings.