Kuching Travel Guide
Kuching Vacation Rentals
Kuching Vacation Rentals – Book and save your vacation rentals in Kuching. Find perfect Kuching holiday rentals on VACstay, We offer a huge selection of all short term properties rental – top Kuching holiday homes for rental, rent vacation beach houses, luxury villa rentals, stylish private condos, serviced apartments, studios, homestay, boutique resort, budget hotel, guest house, transient room, cabins, B&Bs, cottages and more. Settle into your vacation paradise on Kuching, enjoy a Kuching rental for fun filled vacation. Search our selection of Kuching vacation rentals and upgrade your trip to extraordinary. Find your perfect vacation rental when you book with VACstay!
Kuching Travel Guide
Kuching is the capital and largest city of the East Malaysian state of Sarawak and the district of Kuching.
Once the capital of the White Rajahs of Sarawak, now with a population of some 600,000, Kuching is small enough to walk around but interesting enough to keep you there for several days, and a good base for exploring Sarawak. It’s safe and relatively clean. The name of the city, Kuching, is thought to derive from the Malay word kucing, meaning cat. Many of the locals refer to Kuching as the “Cat City” but it more likely comes from the Chinese word for port (“cochin”) coupled with the Malay name mata kucing (cat’s-eye) for the longan fruit, a popular trade item. The people of Kuching take pride in being the cleanest city in Malaysia and their diverse cultures, so be prepared for a totally different experience from that of West Malaysia.
Kuching city can be divided into a few areas
- Padawan – It’s a small town at the outskirt of Kuching city. It’s popular with its traditional Bidayuh kampungs and longhouses. This area is home for multiracial communities such as Bidayuhs, Javanese, Malay, Chinese and Iban & Orang Ulu settlers.
- Kota Sentosa – Before being named Kota Sentosa, Kota Sentosa was called (now colloquially) ‘Batu Tujuh’ or 7th Mile. This area is a commercial hub for people from Batu Kitang, Kg. Haji Baki and surrounding areas. Sarawak Mental Hospital is also located here. Kota Sentosa has also grown its importance due to its vicinity of Army Camps.
- BDC – BDC was long time ago a remote housing area. However, today it has grown importance as a commercial hub for Stutong and Tabuan Heights area and also a growing elite housing areas.
- Tabuan Jaya – Tabuan Jaya, like BDC, was long time ago a remote housing area. Today, it has emerged into Kuching satellite city. It is also well connected to other important areas in Kuching such as Pending, BDC, Muara Tabuan Industrial Estate and Demak Jaya Industrial Estate.
- Pending – Pending is an industrial area with connecting wharf, ports & harbour. It is a mostly Chinese majority populated area of the white & blue collar middle working class, living in sub-areas of Kenyalang Park & Bintawa. Major industrial players here with their factory setup, among them are Komag, CMS Concrete, Taiyo-Yuden, Kuching Plywood, Gold Coin Fertilizer and Sarawak Clinker Plant. Pending is connected to Kuching city centre via Padungan.
- Batu Kawa – Batu Kawa got its name from volcano crater found at Gunung Serapi. It has now emerged into important satellite city of Kuching, which consist of MJC Commercial Area (with condominium housing, elite housing areas and shoplots), Sg. Maong and Pekan Rantau Panjang.
- Matang – Matang is another emerging town under Kuching. Among its prominent attraction is Matang Jaya and Gita.
- 3rd Mile – An emerging commercial area once the home to Sunny Hill School, Sarawak’s first private school, and also an old-fashioned cinema, Capitol Cinema. 3rd Mile was once an important train route in Kuching.
- Padungan – Padungan is the oldest commercial & shopping hub in Kuching. Chinatown is located here. It’s also an important area for nightlife and clubbing, 4-5 star hotels such as Crowne Plaza, Grand Margherita (formerly Holiday Inn), Hilton, Pullman, Somerset Gateway and Novotel, popular tourist spots such as Kuching Waterfront and Cat statues.
- Simpang Tiga – Simpang Tiga is famous with its federal government complex, Swinburne University and newly opened “The Spring” shopping mall.
- Satok – Satok is the most widely spoken place among tourists for its weekend market. It is also the smallest DUN (State Legislative) area in Sarawak.
- Petra Jaya – Petra Jaya is home for majority of Malay population in Kuching, and most probably in Sarawak. It has a lot of Malay kampungs, low-cost housing schemes, housing estates and it is also a headquarters for Sarawak state government, which is an idea later copied by Federal Government for their Putrajaya. Petra Jaya consist of area from Kg. Tupong to Semariang to Demak Laut Industrial Estate.
- Santubong – Santubong is located 30 km away from Kuching. It is a tourist spot for beach and annual international events such as the World Rainforest Music Festival.
Kuching Vacation Rentals : Holiday Lettings in Kuching
Kuching vacation rentals make visiting Kuching more fun. You can enjoy all the comforts of home while visiting Kuching. Choose a luxury villa, vacation condo, or home rental by staying in fully furnished vacation rentals. There are exciting destinations for the whole family to enjoy everywhere you go in Kuching, from the top down and make it your home away from home. Who knows, you must say “Vacation in Kuching” that it remains one of your best trips so far! Find your perfect rental property with VACstay, choose the best deal for your stay.
Find unique places to stay with local hosts in Kuching : Kuching Vacation Rentals by Owners
Wisely choosing vacation rentals are a great and probably the best way of saving money and enjoying your vacations with a limited budget. You will still be able to feel a touch of luxury to your vacation! So just sit back, relax and enjoy your next vacation with VACstay! Top things you may have to known about vacation rentals are vacation rentals come in all price ranges and vacation rental homes are cheaper than hotel rooms, vacation rentals come in all shapes and sizes, vacation rentals have plenty of amenities, vacation rentals are a safe and reliable alternative to hotels, vacation rental homes have more privacy than hotel rooms, vacation rentals offer great service – many rental property owners pride themselves on the quick and friendly customer service they offer each guest, most rental owners ensure that the rental is cleaned out prior to each new guest and many offer daily maid services as well to ensure that the rental is as clean, vacation rental homes are vacation rental homes are perfect for families and friends alike, kid friendly and pet friendly. Keep these facts in mind next time you plan a vacation and be sure to check out the assortment of Kuching vacation rentals at VACstay, good availability and great rates.
Malaysia Vacation Rentals
Search More Kuching Holiday Lettings
Find cheap or luxury self catering accommodation – Thousands of Vacation Rentals, furnished holiday lettings worldwide. Rent holiday homes direct from owners. Self catering villas, beach houses, condominiums, cottages, apartments, bungalow cabins, B&B and other holiday homes in 150+ countries on top destinations like UK, Spain, France, Portugal, Greece, Italy, Turkey, USA, Hong Kong, Thailand, Kuching, Macau, India, China, Malaysia, Japan & more. With VACstay, you can experience for the first time the ability to truly distinguish between what is out there in the vast world of holiday lettings.