Philippines Travel Guide
Philippines Vacation Rentals – Book and save your vacation rentals in Philippines. Find perfect Philippines holiday rentals on Vacstay, We offer a huge selection of all short term properties rental – top Philippines holiday homes for rental, rent vacation beach houses, luxury villa rentals, stylish private condos, serviced apartments, studios, homestay, boutique resort, budget hotel, guest house, transient room, cabins, B&Bs, cottages and more. Settle into your vacation paradise on Philippines, enjoy a Philippines rental for fun filled vacation. Search our selection of Philippines vacation rentals and upgrade your trip to extraordinary. Find your perfect vacation rental when you book with Vacstay!
Philippines Travel Guide
The Philippines is a Southeast Asian country in the Western Pacific, comprising more than 7,000 islands. Its capital, Manila, is famous for its waterfront promenade and centuries-old Chinatown, Binondo. Intramuros, a walled city in colonial times, is the heart of Old Manila. It’s home to the baroque 17th-century San Agustin Church as well as Fort Santiago, a storied citadel and military prison.
The combined length of all its beaches make for one of the world’s longest coastlines, and the many islands and many waves of immigration make for considerable cultural diversity. More than a hundred distinct ethnic groups, a mixture of foreign influences — the country was a Spanish colony from the late 1500s to 1898, then American until 1946 — and a fusion of culture and arts enhance the wonder that is the Philippines. It would take decades to visit and experience everything.
North of Manila, the Cordillera Central Mountains are popular for hiking, while the Ifugao province is famous for the rice terraces carved into its landscape. Remote Palawan province and its offshore Calamian Islands have palm-fringed beaches and turquoise lakes, plus coral reef diving. Cebu island is another celebrated diving destination. The tiny island of Boracay offers upscale beachfront resorts and a range of water sports. Bohol province is known for its cluster of more than 1,000 uniform Chocolate Hills and tiny Philippine tarsiers. Sports such as whitewater rafting and zip-lining are available throughout the country.
The country has fantastic beaches and landscapes, and a vibrant and diverse culture. Locals have a good grasp of English to communicate with foreigners, food and accommodations are cheap, most destinations have excellent infrastructure, and the people are cheerful and friendly; perhaps the easiest way to recognise a Filipino abroad is to see who has the broadest smile.
All that said, the Philippines receives only 8,000,000 visitors as of 2018, just a fifth of Thailand‘s (but twice of Laos‘s), despite a population 40% larger, and Westerners just form a minority of visitors. Insurgencies, crimes, and corruption are to blame, but the country is striving to be recognized again on the tourist trail.
- Banaue has 2,000-year-old rice terraces and called by Filipinos the eighth wonder of the world, it is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. People are fascinated at the immense work of the Igorots in making this.
- Batangas is the birthplace of scuba diving in the Philippines with world class dive sites and beaches. Its accessibility by road about 2 hours from Manila Airport makes it a popular destination. It is home to Taal Volcano and the Taal heritage town.
- Boracay is a 10 km island featuring white sands.
- El Nido contains dozens of limestone islands forming a stunningly beautiful karst topography permeated by crystal-clear bays and lagoons, still relatively unspoiled by mass tourism
- Camarines Sur has beautiful coral reefs, and shorelines of Black and white sands. Visit the Camarines Sur Watersport complex and go water skiing.
- Donsol is the Whale Shark Capital of the world, dive and see whale sharks.
- Malapascua Island just like other islands in the Philippines, the island features a beautiful white sand shoreline and coral gardens.
- Puerto Galera on Mindoro, a favorite getaway for people during Holy Week because of its white sand shorelines and its amazing flora.
- Tagaytay, tired of the old scene of the noisy metropolis of Manila? or missing the cool weather? Head to Tagaytay, it provides a view of Taal Volcano, the weather is cool and often a getaway for Filipinos tired of warm tropical weather during the Holy Week.
- Panglao Island in Bohol Province, as resort island with fine beaches. The rest of the province has other attractions including the Chocolate Hills and wild tarsiers (tiny primates).
When to visit Philippines
Peak travel season is Nov–Apr. The tropical climate is hot and humid, with a dry season Nov–Apr and a wet monsoon season May–Oct. Key events include Ati-Atihan, a festival with colorful costumes and parades (Kalibo, Jan); Holy Week & Easter (Mar/Apr, dates vary); Flores de Mayo (May), featuring candlelit religious processions; and Christmas (Dec).
Philippines Vacation Rentals : Holiday Lettings in Philippines
Philippines vacation rentals make visiting Philippines more fun. You can enjoy all the comforts of home while visiting Philippines. Choose a luxury villa, vacation condo, or home rental by staying in fully furnished vacation rentals. There are exciting destinations for the whole family to enjoy everywhere you go in Philippines, from the top down and make it your home away from home. Who knows, you must say “Vacation in Philippines” that it remains one of your best trips so far! Find your perfect rental property with Vacstay, choose the best deal for your stay.
Find unique places to stay with local hosts in Philippines : Philippines Vacation Rentals by Owners
Wisely choosing vacation rentals are a great and probably the best way of saving money and enjoying your vacations with a limited budget. You will still be able to feel a touch of luxury to your vacation! So just sit back, relax and enjoy your next vacation with Vacstay! Top things you may have to known about vacation rentals are vacation rentals come in all price ranges and vacation rental homes are cheaper than hotel rooms, vacation rentals come in all shapes and sizes, vacation rentals have plenty of amenities, vacation rentals are a safe and reliable alternative to hotels, vacation rental homes have more privacy than hotel rooms, vacation rentals offer great service – many rental property owners pride themselves on the quick and friendly customer service they offer each guest, most rental owners ensure that the rental is cleaned out prior to each new guest and many offer daily maid services as well to ensure that the rental is as clean, vacation rental homes are vacation rental homes are perfect for families and friends alike, kid friendly and pet friendly. Keep these facts in mind next time you plan a vacation and be sure to check out the assortment of Philippines vacation rentals at Vacstay, good availability and great rates.
Philippines Vacation Rentals
Search More Philippines Holiday Lettings
Find cheap or luxury self catering accommodation – Thousands of Vacation Rentals, furnished holiday lettings worldwide. Rent holiday homes direct from owners. Self catering villas, beach houses, condominiums, cottages, apartments, bungalow cabins, B&B and other holiday homes in 150+ countries on top destinations like UK, Spain, France, Portugal, Greece, Italy, Turkey, USA, Hong Kong, Thailand, Philippines, Macau, India, China, Malaysia, Japan & more. With Vacstay, you can experience for the first time the ability to truly distinguish between what is out there in the vast world of holiday lettings.