Singapore Travel Guide
Singapore Vacation Rentals – Book and save your vacation rentals in Singapore. Find perfect Singapore holiday rentals on VACstay, We offer a huge selection of all short term properties rental – top Singapore holiday homes for rental, rent vacation beach houses, luxury villa rentals, stylish private condos, serviced apartments, studios, homestay, boutique resort, budget hotel, guest house, transient room, cabins, B&Bs, cottages and more. Settle into your vacation paradise on Singapore, enjoy a Singapore rental for fun filled vacation. Search our selection of Singapore vacation rentals and upgrade your trip to extraordinary. Find your perfect vacation rental when you book with VACstay!
Singapore Travel Guide
Singapore is a city-state in Southeast Asia. Founded as a British trading colony in 1819, since independence it has become one of the world’s most prosperous, tax-friendly countries and boasts the world’s busiest port.
Combining the skyscrapers and subways of a modern, affluent city with a medley of Chinese, Malay and Indian influences along with a tropical climate, tasty food from hawker centres, copious shopping malls, and vibrant night-life scene, this Garden City makes a great stopover or springboard into the region.
Singapore has a partly deserved reputation for sterile predictability that has earned it descriptions like William Gibson’s “Disneyland with the death penalty” or the “world’s only shopping mall with a seat in the United Nations”. Nevertheless, the Switzerland of Asia is for many a welcome respite from the poverty, dirt, and chaos of much of the Southeast Asian mainland, and if you scratch below the squeaky clean surface and get away from the tourist trail you’ll soon find more than meets the eye.
Singaporean food is legendary, with bustling hawker centres and 24-hour coffee shops offering cheap food from all parts of Asia, and shoppers can bust their baggage allowances in shopping centres like Orchard Road and Suntec City. In recent years some societal restrictions have also loosened up, and now you can bungee jump and dance on bar tops all night long, although alcohol is still very pricey and chewing gum can only be bought from a pharmacy for medical use.
Two casino complexes — or “Integrated Resorts”, to use the Singaporean euphemism — opened in 2010 in Sentosa and Marina Bay as part of Singapore’s new Fun and Entertainment drive, the aim being to double the number of tourists visiting and increase the length of time they stay within the country.
Singapore is one of the most popular travel destinations in the world for a lot of reasons, one of which is the less stringent entry requirements.
Sights in Singapore are covered in more detail under the various districts. Broadly speaking:
- Beaches and tourist resorts: Head to one of the three beaches on Sentosa or its southern islands. Other beaches can be found on the East Coast.
- Culture and cuisine: See Chinatown for Chinese treats, Little India for Indian flavours, Kampong Glam (Arab St) for a Malay/Arab experience or the East Coast for delicious seafood, including the famous chilli and black pepper crab.
- History and museums: The Bras Basah area east of Orchard and north of the Singapore River is Singapore’s colonial core, with historical buildings and museums. NUS Museum in the west is also very much worth the trip.
- Nature and wildlife: Popular tourist attractions Singapore Zoo, Night Safari, Jurong Bird Park and the Botanical Gardens are all in the North and West. Finding “real” nature is a little harder, but the Bukit Timah Nature Reserve (located in the same district as the zoo) has more plant species than that in the whole of North America. Pulau Ubin, an island off the Changi Village in the east, is a flashback to the rural Singapore of yesteryear. City parks full of locals jogging or doing tai chi can be found everywhere. Also check out the tortoise and turtle sanctuary in the Chinese Gardens on the west side of town for a great afternoon with these wonderful creatures. $5 for adult admission and $2 for leafy vegetables and food pellets.
- Parks and gardens: The Garden City and City in a Garden are new concepts being promoted by the Singaporean government and Singaporeans take great pride in their parks and gardens. Be sure to visit the Botanical Gardens (including the National Orchid Garden) and the Gardens by the Bay (don’t miss the Flower Dome and the Cloud Forest). There’s also the HortPark at the “Southern Ridges” and the “Chinese” and “Japanese Gardens”.
- Skyscrapers and shopping: The heaviest shopping mall concentration is in Orchard Road, while skyscrapers are clustered around the Singapore River, but also check out Bugis and Marina Bay to see where Singaporeans shop.
- Places of worship: Don’t miss this aspect of Singapore, where Buddhism, Taoism, Hinduism, Sikhism, Baha’i faith, Christianity, Islam and even Judaism all exist in sizeable numbers. Religious sites can be easily visited and welcome non-followers outside of service times. Particularly worth visiting include: the vast Kong Meng San Phor Kark See Monastery near Ang Mo Kio, the colourful Sri Mariamman Hindu temple in Chinatown, the psychedelic Burmese Buddhist Temple in Balestier, one of the oldest hokkien temples Thian Hock Keng temple and the stately Masjid Sultan in Arab Street.
Singapore Vacation Rentals : Holiday Lettings in Singapore
Singapore vacation rentals make visiting Singapore more fun. You can enjoy all the comforts of home while visiting Singapore. Choose a luxury villa, vacation condo, or home rental by staying in fully furnished vacation rentals. There are exciting destinations for the whole family to enjoy everywhere you go in Singapore, from the top down and make it your home away from home. Who knows, you must say “Vacation in Singapore” that it remains one of your best trips so far! Find your perfect rental property with VACstay, choose the best deal for your stay.
Find unique places to stay with local hosts in Singapore : Singapore Vacation Rentals by Owners
Wisely choosing vacation rentals are a great and probably the best way of saving money and enjoying your vacations with a limited budget. You will still be able to feel a touch of luxury to your vacation! So just sit back, relax and enjoy your next vacation with VACstay! Top things you may have to known about vacation rentals are vacation rentals come in all price ranges and vacation rental homes are cheaper than hotel rooms, vacation rentals come in all shapes and sizes, vacation rentals have plenty of amenities, vacation rentals are a safe and reliable alternative to hotels, vacation rental homes have more privacy than hotel rooms, vacation rentals offer great service – many rental property owners pride themselves on the quick and friendly customer service they offer each guest, most rental owners ensure that the rental is cleaned out prior to each new guest and many offer daily maid services as well to ensure that the rental is as clean, vacation rental homes are vacation rental homes are perfect for families and friends alike, kid friendly and pet friendly. Keep these facts in mind next time you plan a vacation and be sure to check out the assortment of Singapore vacation rentals at VACstay, good availability and great rates.
Singapore Vacation Rentals
|Singapore City||Places to Stay in Singapore|
|Singapore||Singapore Vacation Rentals|
Search More Singapore Holiday Lettings
Find cheap or luxury self catering accommodation – Thousands of Vacation Rentals, furnished holiday lettings worldwide. Rent holiday homes direct from owners. Self catering villas, beach houses, condominiums, cottages, apartments, bungalow cabins, B&B and other holiday homes in 150+ countries on top destinations like UK, Spain, France, Portugal, Greece, Italy, Turkey, USA, Hong Kong, Thailand, Singapore, Macau, India, China, Malaysia, Japan & more. With VACstay, you can experience for the first time the ability to truly distinguish between what is out there in the vast world of holiday lettings.